There are a number of options for applicants wishing to travel to the UK for business purposes.
If you wish to visit the UK on business e.g. attend interviews or conferences, conduct site visits, arrange deals or sign contracts you will need to apply as a business visitor.
Other categories of individuals who must also apply as a business visitor are:
- Academic visitors
- Doctors taking the PLAB test
- Doctors on clinical attachments
- Dentists on observation
- Visiting professors accompanying students on study abroad programmes
- Film crews on location shoots (as long as they are paid or employed overseas)
- Representatives of overseas new media (as long as they are paid or employed overseas)
- Secondees from overseas companies
- Religious workers (as long as they are based overseas and do not wish to take a position in the UK)
- Interpreters and translators accompanying business visitors (as long as they are employed by an overseas company)
- Advisers, consultants, trainers, trouble shooters who are employed abroad by the same company which has the UK branch
- Individuals undertaking specific, one –off training in techniques and UK work practices